The other day my cousins and I were talking about Christmas goodies and our mouths started to water. At Christmas we always have pie, my favorite is strawberry rhubarb! (YUM!!) My cousin said pie with a little ice cream sounded to die for and then the cravings set in. I couldn’t kick it. So today I got busy and my some homemade vanilla ice cream!
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt2 1/2 cups milk (I used 2%)
7 egg yolks, beaten
3 Tablespoons vanilla
4 cups whipping cream
1. Add sugar, salt, and milk to a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat.2. Beat eggs yolks and add to the milk mixture. Cook on medium heat. Stir constantly.
3. When bubbles appear around edge (around 10 minutes) take mixture off heat.
4. Cool milk mixture to room temp. You can do this creating an ice bath by filling one bowl with ice water and placing your pan in the water.
5. When mixture has cooled mix in vanilla and cream.
6. Strain mixture into ice cream canister. (Straining helps to reduce clumps)
7. If you wanted something other than vanilla now would be the time to add it. Cookies, chocolate, or candies.
8. Place canister into ice cream maker (if using the rock salt kind) pack ice and rock salt in alternating layers along the sides of the canister.
9. Plug in and let it make some yummy ice cream!
This recipe is to amazing! Let me know if you give it a try!